You know, the other day someone commented I spend too much socialising- at first, I got defensive ‘cos they always make it sound like I am flitting about and not really adding any meaning to anyone in the particular situation but I rationalised it, at least in my head- just taking this month alone:
– Aug 1: one on one with a guy I met on an online dating site and I am kinda dating
– Aug 2: one on one with a guy I absolute adore and who I am trying to convince to come on a week long holiday with me
– Aug 3: a fun evening with one of my teams
– Aug 4: a fun day with my mates
– Aug 5: one on one with Chammiya, one on one with another friend and a party with a few close friends
– Aug 6: a one on one with an old friend of 15 years
– Aug 7: a one on one with TSG
– Aug 8: a one on one with a mate I hadn’t seen in 3 months and a one on one with my younger “sister”
– Aug 9: a one on one with a fellow Indian and dinner out with my girls
– Aug 10: another date with the guy I was out with on Aug 1
– Aug 11: one on one with Tigger
– Aug 12: one on one with a friend I haven’t seen in 4 weeks and usually see twice a week and coffee with the mate I met on Aug 2 with
So yes, I am social- very social- I am up to something every day, whether it’s a coffee, a dinner, a drink, a walk, cinema, gig or something else- but yes, I am social. And you know what, I will have it no other way- ‘cos it’s these one on one that make me realise (yet again) how lucky I am to have the friends I have and how awesome it is to be able to have friendships that I can pick up when I want and not have to worry about when I don’t make the extra effort. ‘Cos that’s what true friendship is- quality time spent one on one with mates, mixed in with quality time partying and mixed in with slagging, advising and generally chatting about all things serious and mundane!
I could really some one on one time with Ryan and with Candy and with Winnie- make them happen, please?!
Thank you- each and every one of my friends- I love you and adore you for who you are. Thank you for being a part of my life and next time, someone calls me social, I will smile smugly knowing how much it means to me and my sanity. With that thought, I bid you adieu as I go off in search of some stunning moments of seeing meteors whiz by!