… of how cool life really is when I have a moment to stop and smell the roses…
And then I realised that the one thing I did miss about not blogging last month was my weekly achievements- so even though it seems forever, I am gonna try my best to pen them down:
Week ending October 4:
- Managed to make time to understand certain external truths about my industry while being insanely busy at work
- Went for a looooong walk around the block as I got stressed at work
- Made a friend feel slightly better by just cooking some chicken, chips and beans!
Week ending Oct 11:
- One of my friends who I turn to for advise every so often came down to visit me- he came all the way only to spend some time with me- how cool is that?! Made me ever so thankful for the little things in life
- Met a very interesting serial entrepreneur
- Spent an interesting week with a dog that drove me nuts- seriously- I don’t understand poodles but I got over my initial aversion and became friendly with it. Love dogs and animals but still… go me.
Week ending Oct 17:
- Officially gave up on any life outside work- even stopped filling my daily calendar with certain information and lived on adrenalin
- Fired the most number of people I have in a day- and then I went and cried a little- glad to know I haven’t become a corporate b!tch in a suit
- Remembered certain key dates, despite everything- like Elethiomel’s birthday, Dusshera, talking to my family etc
Week ending October 24:
- Managed to diffuse many a situation in the office before it got to head- politics is obviously in my blood!
- Despite the lack of sleep, didn’t completely lose my temper with anyone
- Had a great night out with some of the key business people in this world… was great to be back in the circuit, was great to meet new people, was great to catch up with old mates
Finally, the week just gone by- week ending Oct 31:
- Wrote my first emotionally fuelled resignation letter but had the rational sense to not hand it in
- Went for a short long walk while everyone was in the office and managed to switch off from work
- Completed 2 months in my new job, completed a project successfully, completely realised that business and personal lives can indeed be intertwined, even if it ain’t ideal
Yes, it’s very work heavy but for the past 6 weeks, my life hasn’t had much else- I got legalised again and won the visa appeal, got the certificate to get my learner’s license, started really planning my Asia trip, “hired” one of my classmates that I admire and respect tremendously to help me during crunch time!
Key personal learnings from last month:
- When upset, let the person know
- When happy, celebrate- the bottles of champagne on Sunday night went down real smooth
- When stressed, take time out- go for a walk, spend time with friends- even if for 10 mins, eat a meal on your own etc
- When hungry, eat- simple as
- When sad, cry- even if I feel ashamed, it feels good to deal with it
- When leading, keep your composure- no matter how many doubts I had internally, I took a stand and dealt with it
- When exhausted, call a time-out- one’s human after all.